Impact of the coronavirus outbreak on the Finnish Cultural Foundation’s grant rules
The coronavirus pandemic is having a variety of impacts on the lives of grantees, and the Cultural Foundation wants to respond with even more flexibility than usual. First and foremost, we ask you to check the three- and five-year rules related to the use of grants in the grantee guidelines, as well as the instructions concerning the grant report submission schedule. If these clauses do not apply to your situation, or do not provide sufficient flexibility, please read our instructions below:
- The Finnish Cultural Foundation will accept, without separate notification, a twelve-month extension to the completion of the purpose of the grant and to the submission of the report on the use of the grant, for those grantees whose work plans are affected by the pandemic. If, for example, an event has to be cancelled this summer, but it can be organised one year later, everything is fine.
- If a grant has been received in full, but its use is delayed due to the pandemic, the Cultural Foundation will accept a six-month extension to the submission of the grant report without separate notification.
- If the use of the grant for its original purpose cannot be delayed and the grantee wishes to change the purpose of use of the grant, this must be agreed in advance with the Cultural Foundation.
- If a grantee is unable to organise a planned event or similar arrangement due to the coronavirus, the Finnish Cultural Foundation will not ask for the reimbursement of monies that have already been spent. However, the unused portion of the grant must either be returned, or a change in its purpose of use must be negotiated (in advance) with the Foundation.
- If, as a grantee, you are prevented by the coronavirus outbreak from fulfilling a work or research plan according to your original grant application, but you can adjust the plan slightly in order to continue the work, you do not have to interrupt or postpone the use of an individual working grant that was awarded for covering living expenses. If this is the case, you do not have to be in touch with the Cultural Foundation.
- For mobility grants, the aim is to postpone them until a later date.
- The Regional Funds will not hold annual ceremonies this spring. Applications from the January round will be processed as usual, however.
Subscribe to our Grant Newsletter.